These are delicious little canapés that are perfect to make up for friends coming over for the lead up to Christmas day or even on the day. They are simple to make and require little effort. Dates compliment the savoury bacon and creamy goats cheese. A match made in heaven.
Recipe created by Rosie Eyre of By Rosie
Serve 8-10 (2-3 per person)
500g free range and nitrate free bourbon streaky bacon rashers
20-30 medjool dates, stones removed
80g goats cheese (preference is Meredith Dairy)
- Preheat oven to 200c (fan forced). Prep all the ingredients
- Stuff each medjool date with a small dollop (½ tsp) of goatscheese.
- Slice bacon in half lengthways, so it is a thin strip and tightly wrap around each stuffed medjool, place on lined oven tray and repeat until all your stuffed medjools have been wrapped in bacon. Tip* If you need to keep your bacon in place use a toothpick to secure. Use two oven trays if needed.
- Place in oven for 20 mins, turning over halfway until bacon is crispy. TIP* Cook for a little longer if bacon not crisping up enough.
- Pop onto a platter, leave to cool slightly and serve up with toothpicks.