- 2kg organic bones
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 onion
- bunch of parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (w the mother)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp grated turmeric
- 1 stalk rosemary
- handful thyme
- 1 tsp of peppercorns
- 1 tsp of Himalayan salt
- 4L filtered water
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees and prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
- Rub the bones with olive oil and salt, place on the tray and put them straight in the oven.
- Roast the bones for 20 minutes and put them straight into the slow cooker.
- Add all the other ingredients to the slow cooker or pot and cook on low for at least 4 hours for chicken and 12 hours for beef.
- Strain broth into a large bowl or individual glass jars, to store separately.
- The fat will solidify on top of the broth once cooled you can scrap this off and cook with it if you choose not to consume it.
Recipe thanks to – Sofie Van Kempen https://sofievankempen.com/recipes/bonebroth