Serves – 4-6 people
For the Pork:
- 1 kg x Certified Organic Diced Pork
- Sesame Oil
- 1 x Red Onion – halved then chopped
- 1 x Red Capsicum – chopped
- 1 cup x Pineapple chunks
For the Sauce:
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup Organic tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 tsp chinese 5 spice
- 2 tbs arrowroot flour mixed with 1/3 cup cold water (to thicken)
- Himalayan salt & pepper
- Sliced Shallots
- In a large frying pan or pot, add sesame oil. Once hot, add the diced pork and himilayan salt and sear for one minute on either side to seal.
- Then, add in the capsicum, onion and pineapple chunks on-top of the pork and stir to combine. Cook for roughly 3 minutes.
- To make the sauce – mix all ingredients together except for the arrowroot flour, in a small bowl. Then poor the mixture into the pan. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to medium to leave cook for roughly 10 – 15 minutes.
- Once the pork is cooked through, remove the pork and vegetables with a slotted spoon, leaving the sauce in the pan. Mix the arrowroot flour and water in a small dish until the flour has dissolved. Add the arrowroot and water mixture to the sauce, bringing the liquid to a simmer, stirring often.
- The sauce will begin to thicken, and once the simmer slows to a rolling bubble, add the pork and veggies back into the sauce and stir to coat.
- Serve with sliced shallots, and serve over rice or cauliflower rice.